[Wine] Re: Disable the Gecko HTML rendering prompt?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 4 05:37:38 CDT 2010

DarksideEE7 wrote:

> So in that case then a bug should be written up for the dialog box?  It doesn't install it correctly, so what's the point of that prompt existing at all?

The point of the prompt is to let you know that gecko isn't installed. Apps need it for html rendering.

If your distro doesn't package gecko properly, you need to report that to your distro. You can still install gecko yourself following the instructions I linked you to. If you are building Wine yourself, you will also have to install gecko yourself.