[Wine] Re: Office 2007 is a half ass work'n

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 5 08:27:25 CDT 2010

mrchaos101 wrote:

> When I try to run another app other then Word, I get an Microsoft Office error that says:  "Microsoft Office Excel has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application."

Excel works fine here, and I have the Enterprise edition, too.

When you installed Office, did you follow the instructions in the AppDB, or did you follow some random howto you found that calls for a bunch of winetricks? If the latter, delete the wineprefix and reinstall following the instructions in the AppDB.
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4992

Access doesn't really work very well but you can get it to at least start up by following the workaround in the AppDB.
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=16862