[Wine] Gameplay asks for the second CD

Zwartij wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 6 04:16:56 CDT 2010

Wing Commnader Prophecy (multiple CD's) install doesn't give any problem (due to its small pop-up format window) and the game plays well until I come to the next CD.
Game grabs full screen 800x600 svga. Pop-up window for second CD appears, but I can not switch with <Alt><Tab> to desktop.
What did I already try?
Read lots of items on this forum  :D
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=7181&sid=87c2e233ac33e4d682765103c4bb043a comes close to my problem.
Started the programs in Konsole/Terminal
Tried to set the Terminal window to a fixed size, but the game still grabs full screen.
Tried with opening a Konsole window before starting the game in order to be able to umount/mount cd1/cd2. With <Alt><Tab> I manage to switch and do umount/mount, but I do not get back to the pop-up window to do OK.

In the topic I mentioned above I read
Code:
method 2: divert your optical drive to several entries in WineCFG's "Drives" tab and use another "drive" for each ISO.

 I need some extra explanation on that.

Currently I see in /home/user/.wine/dosdevices h: as my CD drive.

My specs: wine 1.3.4 on Mandriva2010