[Wine] Re: Wine Installation issues on Snow Leopard

Noppon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 7 06:06:04 CDT 2010

I am newbies and also face the same problem

"Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes? "

After read an entire thread, I can overcome the problem and think that my explanation will help the others, though this thread is already 10 months-old.

In addition, the below steps to put 2 codes were not mentioned in the tutorial by David Baumgold at http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/

To solve the problem:

First: run the code

Code:
sudo port selfupdate

Second: run this code

Code:
sudo port sync

Ps. to Iamapplenerd: You may use the wrong code. doh123 provided is the correct one.

"sudo port selfupdate" but not "sudo port self update" No space between self & update. This is maybe the point that's why you couldn't overcome the problem.