[Wine] Mac, SSL does not work

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Thu Oct 7 12:01:46 CDT 2010

On 10/7/10 8:27 AM, sfatula wrote:
> So, I first started off using Macports to install the stable Wine, which means version 1.2 on Macports. The install "worked", and, I could run iexplore to get to the wine home page. However, when I went to run a program I have from a vendor of ours, it failed. Program downloads files from their site using SSL and they won't give me access directly.
>
> The errors is:
>
> err:wininet:NETCON_init failed to load symbol X509_STORE_CTX_get_ex_data
> HttpOpenRequest Error 12157 ERROR_INTERNET_SECURITY_CHANNEL_ERROR
>
> Any thoughts on how I might get this to work?
$ port installed openssl
  openssl @1.0.0a_0+rfc3779+universal (active)
$ port variants openssl
openssl has the variants:
   rfc3779: enable RFC 3779: X.509 Extensions for IP Addresses and AS
            Identifiers
   universal: Build for multiple architectures
$ nm -arch i386 /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib | grep
"X509_STORE_CTX_get_ex_data"
000bdc80 T _X509_STORE_CTX_get_ex_data

Did you install openssl with the +rfc3779 variant?

Chip