[Wine] Re: Office 2007 is a half ass work'n

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 7 17:48:56 CDT 2010

mrchaos101  Rule I follow with wine.  Is if it works don't touch it unless I have to.

You are aware for inspecting someones work with photoshop most of the time gimp and krita will do?  mrchaos101.   Krita has the color levels as photoshop.

Krita is a program windows users are unlikely to know since its part of Koffice and Koffice has not been on windows very much  And the Koffice install is kinda huge over the internet install for windows.  But Krita is picky and requires a old Photoshop version 7 PSD files.  Yes so they have to know how to save a targeted version to submit work that will not kill them.  One of the advantages of being a teacher at times.   You normally can set what stuff people want marked has to be submitted as long as the program can export that format.

Ok these options might not be suitable.   Part of moving across to Linux is leaving particular applications behind.   Running in wine is not ideal location.

World of Warcraft is a constant job to keep running due to its updates.   Yes it can be got running but I will warn you now it will not stay that way and will have to be fixed in future as that program changes due to updates.  Advisable to place in a independant prefix to items like photoshop and msoffice where wine version can be held static.