[Wine] Com port problem

Siles wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 7 18:29:37 CDT 2010

I am running an eeepc 1000HA with 2GB memory and 130 G HD. Dualbooting WindowsXP SP3 and Mepis 8.5 (Debian Lenny) Wine 1.1.3.  I have a special DB type program ezManagerMax which downloads and records information from a Bolld Glucose monitor (USB to MiniUSB connection) and an Insulin Pump (IR Dongle supplied with the program)

Program runs fine in WindowsXP on Com3.In wine program loads,gets DB info, but can not download. Reports device (whichever is connected to Com3) not found. Trying individual ports (Com1-4) shows each in use.

I have win tricks but have no idea which I need to install.
Any help will be greatfully appreciated as I only run WXP because of this MUST have program. My Endocrinologist needs this info for treatment purposes.

Did I say I hate Windows.

TIA
Siles