[Wine] Fonts in Wine again

segfault wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 10 07:25:43 CDT 2010

Hi all,
I'm using wine-1.3.4 with Ubuntu 10.04. I have two problems with font rendering in wine:
1) I can not find any possibility to disable rendering of internal bitmaps in TTF. Sometimes the text looks very ugly, especially when i'm using different languages in the same text, but bitmaps exist only for English. So far the only way to avoid this is to remove bitmaps via FontForge.
2) While subpixel antialiasing works pretty good, it seems that autohinting is disabled or not sufficient. At least for the same document in OpenOffice I have _much_ better rendering than in MS Office.
I tried to search for a solution, but I was not successful. Any help will be much appreciated.

WBR,
Andrey