[Wine] FDIIsCabinet issue

mikemrh9 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 10 12:47:29 CDT 2010

Hi

I am trying to install a sound analysis program (BatScan) under wine, using the command

> wine baton_batscan_setup.exe

The Installshield splash shows up for half a second or so, then in the console I get

> err:cabinet:FDICopy FDIIsCabinet failed

There are no other errors reported in the console.

I had a clean (fresh .wine directory) installation of wine, using wine 1.3.4-1 and wine_gecko 1.1.0-1 (I also had the same issue with earlier versions of wine).

The program (Batscan) installs and runs fine under Windows XP (which I have running in a virtual machine).

I successfully installed Word 2007 (after the failed attempt to install Batscan) under wine on the same PC.

If anybody has any suggestions as to where I could look to troubleshoot this issue, then that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Mike.