[Wine] Cleaning up and starting from zero

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 10 15:43:56 CDT 2010

  On 10/6/10 5:00 PM, hotai wrote:
> How do I go about removing everything from my wine install and starting over?
What do you mean by 'starting over'.  If you want to remove Wine and
it's associated 'fake' Windows directory do the following

 From terminal:

cd $HOME
rm -rf .wine
port purge wine

(since I use Fink and the commands are similar this should work.  If it
does not use port help and follow the directions for removing a package.)

If you ONLY want to remove the 'fake' Windows directory and start over
installing Windows programs:

cd $HOME
rm -rf .wine

If the above command fails, use sudo from a system administrator account:

sudo rm -rf .wine

If you are not familiar with the sudo command, Google is your friend for
this.  BE VERY CAREFUL that you are actually in your user directory
before issuing this command

The prompt should read <something>: ~ <username> not anything else.

James McKenzie