[Wine] Re: Buggy black controls and text?

rahim123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 11 10:23:46 CDT 2010

dimesio wrote:

> > I used to use wine with no problems with version 0.9.37 on openSUSE 11.3.
>
> Why were you using such an old version on a new distro?

Because the new version of wine shipped with the new distros renders my most important programs useless because of this bug. As I said, it's not just this black slider, but rather black buttons that obscure the label, and solid black blocks of invisible text. Major show stopper for me.

> What graphics card/driver? This looks like the same problem reported here: http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=9266

[/quote]
Ah yes, that looks like the same bug. I have Intel GMA 4500MHD onboard graphics (laptop).

So, is there a workaround?