[Wine] Can't install Office 2007 on Ubuntu 10.04

davidbr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 12 01:34:53 CDT 2010

I am trying to install my (legal copy!) of Microsoft Office 2007 on Ubuntu 10.04.

The setup begins, but then I'm prompted with a "Browse for Folder" window saying Setup cannot find Office.en-us\OfficeMUISet.xml". I can see this file in the exacts same directory, so I don't understand why it can't find it.

I gave full permissions to all my Office 2007 directory.

I also tried running `winetricks msxml3` before installation - didn't help.

Thank you,
Dave