[Wine] Running MS's "Signtool" app from Wine

Geoff Kennedy geoff.kennedy at belcarra.com
Tue Oct 12 14:58:12 CDT 2010

Hi, just joined today.

I'm wondering, has anyone tried to run MS's "Signtool.exe" under Wine?  My
boss wants me to investigate doing just that so we don't have to use Windows
for our driver signing.

I've created a test certificate, etc., and have no troubles signing it in
Windows and Cygwin.  However, when I try Wine I get an error from Signtool -
something about it having a problem loading the signing certificate .PFX
file....

I've spent a lot of time searching for a solution but have yet to find
anything....I'm getting quite frustrated now.

Has anyone tried this before, or is it a case of "Beyond here there be
Dragons!!"??  ;-((

Thanks.

GLK

--

"The stupidest question is the one not asked" - source unknown