[Wine] err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow

kgs wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 13 15:13:42 CDT 2010

Hello.

I am trying to get "Dangerous Waters" working under Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS with Wine 1.2 and I am having some trouble. I should mention that I also tried running the game with the Wine version available in the default Ubuntu repositories and had the same results. (I don't know what version of Wine that is, but I think it is 1.1.)

The game installs and starts up fine, but when I try to load a mission it locks up. I get the following error in my terminal:

err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 836 bytes in thread 0009 eip 681dfa6e esp 00240fec stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000

I don't have any idea of where to proceed from here. I know that at some point in the past I had this game working with Wine, but I can't remember what version I was using.

Does anyone know what this error message means? What can I do to fix it?

It's also worth noting that I have a similar game (DW's predecessor, in fact) called "Sub Command" that is running fine with my current setup.