[Wine] Can not open Excel password protected file

meonline wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 14 15:01:38 CDT 2010

I have installed Win 1.1.42 on Ubuntu10.04 and installed Excel2007 as part of MS Office 2007.  I can open a non-password protected .xlsx file without a problem.

However, when I try to open a password protected .xlsx file, I get an error message "The password you supplied is not correct.  Verify that the CAPS LOCK key is off and be sure to use the correct capitalization."

I am certain that the caps lock key is off and I'm typing the correct password.

I am new to Wine.  So, I don't know what info would be useful.  I was surprised at the number of "fixme" and "err" lines that appeared when I first ran winecfg and when I installed MS Office 2007 (is this normal?)

Thanks to anyone who can lend a hand.