[Wine] [CitiesXL 2011]Doesn't work

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 15 09:36:11 CDT 2010

  On 10/15/10 3:57 AM, Berillions wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed correctly the game with wine 1.3.4 but when i launch the game, it doesn't work.
> I have 2 windows popup (wine Error) after to launch the game :
>
> 1st window popup :
> http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1287140209.png
>
> 2nd window popup :
> http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1287140074.png
>
> For the 2nd screen, it's strange because the game is already installed.
> And when i launch the with the console i have only this :
>
> Code:
>
> berillions at debian:~/.wineCXL2k11/drive_c/Program Files/Focus Home Interactive/Cities XL 2011$ WINEPREFIX=/home/berillions/.wineCXL2k11 wine CitiesXL_2011.exe
> fixme:gameux:GameExplorerImpl_VerifyAccess stub

 From what I understand, gameux should be disabled with WindowsXP (it is
not an available dll) and only enabled if using Windows7 (which is not
completely built out for Wine, again work is in progress.)

You discovered the answer, disabling gameux for now should work.

This is just to record what you did and that gameux should be disabled
for Windows2003 and lower emulation, for now.

James McKenzie