[Wine] Re: Can not open Excel password protected file

meonline wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 15 11:07:13 CDT 2010

Thanks for the suggestion jeffz.

I'm distracted with another issue for a while.  But I'll give that a try when I can get back to it and report back if it made a difference.

In the mean time, here's some other observations I've made:
- if I save the original .xlsx w/o a password, then open under wine and create a password, things work as expected
- I can open the original password protected .xlsx with OpenOffice
- I can open the original password protected .xlsx in a VirtualBox WinXP virtual machine

The above is FYI to any interested readers.