[Wine] status of darwine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 17 22:22:59 CDT 2010

  On 10/17/10 8:14 PM, bacchus wrote:
> will apple be the only company that is  interested in running windows applications on non-x86 architecture?
>
> my important favoriate applications : ultraedit, winrar have linux build.
> 1)if most  legacy windows applications  are recompiled for linux.
> 2)if Microsoft  switched to ARM.
>
> do we still need to go on developing  darwine?

I don't know if the included x86 emulator is available for ARM
processors, but if it is there maybe additional interest.

As far as developing Darwine, one person (actually several) attempted to
revive it with a series of x86 releases before it was finally
abandoned.  The person working on it moved to a different project called
WineBottler.

James McKenzie