[Wine] Re: Trouble installing packages with Winetricks

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 17 22:59:40 CDT 2010

F_style wrote:
> What about the LINKINFO.dll thing? I don't know where did that come from, I didn't even copy this dll from Windows

Somebody did. This dll is not present in Wine, but is a part of windows. And I doubt your program installed it, since this is part of a system and most installers don't carry core system DLLs.

F_style wrote:
> Is Wine complaining about not finding this dll?

No, Wine complains about that dll not having a function that your program needs. This usually happens when you got an old version of this dll.

F_style wrote:
> And if I copy a native dll which is not included in Wine, do I have to also add its override in winecfg?

No, you don't have to.