[Wine] command 'wine regsvr32 comctl32.ocx' returned status 1. ???

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 18 10:16:10 CDT 2010

iceberk <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Sent: Oct 18, 2010 2:12 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine] Re: command 'wine regsvr32 comctl32.ocx' returned status 1.	???
>

>vitamin wrote:
>>
>> guypld wrote:
>> > This installation does not support your system architecture(32/64bits)
>>
>> Use 32-bit Wine. Or try 64-bit ie7.
>

>I have the same problem using 32bit wine on OpenSUSE 11.3 (x86_64)
>linux-klfy:~> file /usr/bin/wine
>/usr/bin/wine: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for
>GNU/Linux 2.6.4, stripped

Is this with the use of winetricks?  Did you try installing IE7 to a clean wineprefix?  Winetricks should not be asking for a 64 bit version of IE7, if there is one.

I'll try installing IE7 on my Mac this evening to a clean wineprefix and report if there are any problems.  Wine on the Mac is compiled to be a 32 bit application by default.

James McKenzie