[Wine] Automated shortcut generation

klub wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 19 04:25:38 CDT 2010

Hello,

I have installed Wine 1.3.5 on two Debian boards.

On the first one, it was a fresh install: git clone, ./configure, make install. On this board, when I install a program with Wine, it automatically creates a shortcut in the Application menu (OK, I know how to do) and more important, it associates an icon with the launcher (I do not know how it does that, neither where it finds it?!).

On the second Debian board, it is not a fresh install. I have git clone a 1.3.4.something version, configure, installed it. Then I updated to 1.3.5, make and install it. It does not create at all any shortcut.

I like this behaviour to automatically create a shortcut (launcher), and especially the icon behaviour. Do I have something to enable?