[Wine] Wine Counter Strike Source

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 20 11:27:29 CDT 2010

diabolicalangle <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Sent: Oct 20, 2010 9:07 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine]  Re: Wine Counter Strike Source
>
>Either way if i go there through nautilus (with root), and navigate to the .wine folder, it goes up til Program Files, but
>there is no steam directory there (i checked for hidden). the only mention of steam is in .wine/Common
>Files/Steam/SteamService.exe

Tell me you are NOT running Wine as root.  I think you mean that you start from the user's root directory and then work your way through.

How about humoring me.  Log in as root, and then issue the command
find / -name 'CSS*'

And see if CSS shows up in the listings somewhere under your user's root directory.

Programs do have the habit of thinking they are on Windows and then installing into the user's root directory at some strange locations.

James McKenzie