[Wine] Starcraft II 1.1.2: Cannot load libGL

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 20 16:30:07 CDT 2010

QuadraticFighter <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>Hey everybody, I tried Googling specific problems with this but could not find any. I was working under wine1.3.4 when
>Starcraft II was in 1.1.1, but after successfully installing the patch 1.1.2 (for Starcraft II that is), I am unable to
>start the game, and it officially complains about DirectX not being installed. However, that's not true as we all know...
>
>The terminal output is as follows:
>
>Code:
>
>xxx at xxx-laptop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/StarCraft II$ wine StarCraft\ II.exe
>fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation ((nil),0x32c86c): stub
>err:wgl:has_opengl Failed to load libGL: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>err:wgl:has_opengl OpenGL support is disabled.
[removed rest of comment as this is the important part]

>The error seems straight forward: we can't find libGL.so.1. But then the output of locate libGL is
>
>Code:
>
>locate libGL
>[...]
>/usr/lib/libGL.so.1
>[...]
Two things to check:
1. Does your user have access to this library file (ls -l /usr/lib/libGL.so.1)
2. If the file is symlinked elsewhere, does that file grant your user the ability to at least read the file.

Also, plese check if this directory is in your library path (LD_LIBRARY_PATH OR DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH for Macs.)

James McKenzie