[Wine] BG2 in multiplayer session.. not working :S

Henrik Wall wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 21 03:24:18 CDT 2010

I'm trying to run good old Baldurs gate 2 windows version on my new mac. I'm trying to get it work with wine since I do not got any windows copy available and I'm on a limited 26k internet so can't download anything at all.
I got the game up and running with singleplayer.. Sadly though I can't get multiplayer to work at all.
When I try to start a new multiplayer session i get the following message:

fixme:dplay:DPWSCB_GetCaps (0,0x209f28c,0x00000000,0x1e62f0)
fixme:dplay:NS_SendSessionRequestBroadcast : not all data fields are correct
fixme:dplay:DPWSCB_EnumSessions (0x20a0138,52,0x1e62f0,0) stub
fixme:dplay:DP_InvokeEnumSessionCallbacks : not checking for conditions
fixme:dplay:DP_SecureOpen (0x1e61d0)->(0x33c352,0x00000002,0x0,0x0): partial stub
fixme:dplay:DP_SecureOpen Not all data fields are correct. Need new parameter
fixme:dplay:DPWSCB_Open (1,0x0,0x1e62f0,0,0x00000002,0x00000040) stub
err:dplay:DP_SecureOpen Unable to open session: DPERR_UNSUPPORTED

and I'm running on mac OS X 10.6.3

Anyone who got a clue what it might be or is it just pure "impossible" to fix this. And I have to wait for a windows copy to install via boot camp or buy cross over games or even get the mac version of the game, even though I heard that was really bugged.. :S

THanks!
Henrik

Ps another thing I need to fix is getting fullscreen. But I guess the answer to that exist somewere on an already written thread. And I try to fix one problem at the time. But if anyone sits on the answer and feel like helping me save time you are welcome to drop it =)