[Wine] Fallout: New Vegas?

Damian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 21 13:10:27 CDT 2010

Hey folks.  I'm having trouble getting Fallout: New Vegas to work under Wine.  (Civ 5 is working okay for me, for the record).  I'm running on Ubuntu 10.10 x64, using the latest (1.3.5) from the ubuntu-wine launchpad.net repository.

Launching steam works fine, and launching Fallout: NV gives me the splash screen.  I can pick the setup option (and I set it to lowest detail/windowed, for the record).  When I pick play, it pops up a big window for the game, then a crash window ("The program FalloutNV.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.")

Wine is set to Windows XP, and I've used winetricks just to install the VC runtimes and dotnet20.

Here's a link to my verbose output from trying to run the game.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10294202/wine-nv-verbose-log.txt.bz2

Does anyone have any suggestions or ways to get more information?  Should I file a bug?

Thanks.

Damian