[Wine] CodeWeavers Releases CrossOver and CrossOver Games 9.2

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 21 22:36:30 CDT 2010

On 10/21/10 5:47 AM, doh123 wrote:
> less than a month later Crossover supports it.. that is somehow news?  it was running fine on Wine the day of release on Macs and Linux... so they didn't enable gamers to play on Linux and Macs, they enabled Crossover users to use Crossover to do it.  but nice wording for a press release to get attention.
>
> Aspyr is supposed to have a native port of Civ5 out for Macs before Christmas... but if its just as good as most of their latest native ports, it will still probably run better under Wine or Crossover.

Don't know.  Quake IV runs better native than it does under
Wine/Crossover on the Mac.  However, I'm not going to say this is Wine's
problem but the difference between running a program under the native WM
rather than under X11.  With recent improvements to X11, courtesy of
your and others support, this may no longer be true.

James McKenzie