[Wine] Microsoft Office

pumma wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 22 14:38:06 CDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I installed wine the stable version and installed microsoft office.. It comes up and then a program error pops up and says:

The program WINWORD.EXE has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine. YThen points me to the winehq.org website.

Any ideas?

I had the stable version installed and it didnt work so i updated to the beta and again same problem.

Thanks.