[Wine] C++ .exe files and Wine?!?

Idan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 23 20:36:44 CDT 2010

Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum but I am looking for some help. I am trying to figure out a way to run .exe files generated by a C++ program on windows (Microsoft Visual Studio). Everything led me to wine, as a free way of getting .exe files to run.

The problem is that this kind of .exe files is not an installer, but rather a command window program. Would wine be able to run anything of this kind? and if so, any recommendations as to which one would be able to?

Thank you very much for all your help,
Idan