[Wine] Re: Wine with Ati 3d Card

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 24 10:29:10 CDT 2010

iceb wrote:
> where on amd.com can i detect my card?
>
> It is a radeon hd 4600
>
> Give me direct link so i can verify the card........

Well, that's all the info you need. The fact that it's a Radeon HD 4600. :P

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/linux/Pages/radeon_linux.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.42&lang=English
This URL has the video drivers for ATI cards, but it also has many links and articles about the drivers.

The release notes state that the Radeon HD 4600 is officially supported, so 3D should just work on your system. This means that your drivers might be installed wrongly, after all. You can test if your 3D hardware works well by installing and running a complicated 3D game like Sauerbraten or Armagetron.

- If native Linux games perform well, you should be fine and bad performance may be a Wine bug.
- If native Linux games perform poorly, you're probably still relying on the open-source driver. You could try installing the ATI driver from the the ATI website link I posted.
- If the games don't start at all, OpenGL probably wasn't recognized on your system, meaning you don't have any proper 3D drivers activated at all or they failed to be recognized. Uninstall any driver you may have and try again.

Also, I advise that you ask further about drivers on Ubuntuforums.org as this is not specifically a Wine problem. (Link me to the thread there if you do!)