[Wine] LOTRonline - blank window at launch

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Sun Oct 24 18:01:57 CDT 2010

  I was able to try the game differently and get error messages out of it.
First one is:

"err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated.
Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path."         ntlm_auth
doesn't show up in the repositories for my distro, is it something I
need to grab from a windows install and once I have it where do I need
to put it so it is "in the path"?

Second error is:

"err:module:import_dll Library QtSvg4.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\Program
Files\\Turbine\\PyLotRO\\qt4_plugins\\iconengines\\qsvgicon4.dll") not
found"         which repeats a few times with the names of different
files that need it.  From that I assume it is something in Qt4 that I
need. I already have the linux version of Qt4.7 on the system, do I need
to grab the windows version and install it through wine? If so do I need
the whole thing or just the framework (libraries)?

Third error is:

"fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32ac64" with that address at the end changing
in each line.         Googles for this get me lots of other people's
error posts for various programs, mostly about Kindle and Skype.
Microsoft page at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms679347%28VS.85%29.aspx
describes FlashWindowEx, but doesn't help me find if this error is a
problem, or an ignorable fixme.