[Wine] Which WINE is the one for me?

Idan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 25 14:52:52 CDT 2010

Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum but I am looking for some help. I am trying to figure out a way to run .exe files on a MAC, when these .exe files were generated by a C++ program on windows (Microsoft Visual Studio). Everything led me to wine, as a free way of getting .exe files to run.

The problem is that this kind of .exe files is not an installer, but rather a command window program. Would wine be able to run anything of this kind? and if so, any recommendations as to which one would be able to(i noticed there's a few different ones and I will be honest as to say i'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to them)?

Thank you very much for all your help,
Idan