[Wine] Star Sonata: Great start, then crash when accepting missions

CorazonSierra wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 27 18:25:29 CDT 2010

this is my first post and im not a tech wiz so if you need more info just ask (and tell me how to get it)...

I installed a new game called Star Sonata... and yes i had the little bug that made it so i couldn't make a keyboard input... i fixed that with Winetricks dinput8.dll... and for a few hours the game ran perfectly... then at a random point it crashed... and i thought it was for no reason... after testing and reinstalling and testing another 14 times i soon realized that the process in the system monitor for Star Sonata had several links that hadn't closed fully... (not sure how to post a link to a desktop capture for u to see) in the process monitor it says:

Star Sonata | Zombie |      0      |     0     | 14684 |    N/A    | do_exit

but it wont end the process... when i manually kill the process with the End Process Button it goes away and so long as i don't have a hundred more of those lines in the process manager the game will start up perfectly just like it did on a fresh install...

then as i try to Finnish my missions... and when i accept or complete a mission the game crashes... (i can screen capture this too if you like) and i have to go to the system try and remove the process before i can reopen the game without crashing...

please explain how to fix this and use really simple words... im blond.