[Wine] Lineage Freya Engine.dll failed to initialise

mikusriekstins wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 29 11:50:28 CDT 2010

Hello!

I'm kind of new to Linux so I'm in learning process. The thing keeping me tied to Windows is that I can't play the same games on Linux so I have been dual-booting it on my laptop. Recently I found out about Wine and decided to try it out.

I decided to install Lineage 2 using Wine. Before doing anything wanted to make sure that I know exactly what to do and how so I searched for quite a while till I had found various discussions about launching Lineage 2 on Ubuntu.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=20005

So firstly I copied my Lineage 2 directory from Windows partition. Did everything as a guide said and ran into error.

Code:

Code:
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
err:module:attach_process_dlls "Engine.dll" failed to initialise, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialisation for L"C:\\Program Files\\Lineage II\\system\\L2.exe" failed, status c0000142

I have no clear idea why is that happening but I didn't give up and tried to install it on Linux using Wine. The same error kept popping up. Than I thought that it is probably because I am playing on a server that is using the latest expansion - Freya - so maybe that is wrong. Decided to download older expansion of the game like the one that is used in guide. Again the same error.

So now I am stuck with no clues. Have been searching for few hours but haven't found anything useful so decided to post it here hoping that someone can help me.

Laptop - HP Pavilion dv6000
Video card: GeForce Go 7400
Processor: Intel Core Duo T2350 (1.86GHz dual-core)
RAM: 1024MB

Ubuntu version: 10.04 (LTS)
Wine version: 1.2

Tried to run them with Windows XP/Vista/7 compatibilities but the error is still there, except for WinXP. WinXP it said that compatibility is wrong or something, anyway the error made it clear that I should change it.
Tried Lineage 2 versions: Freya, Interlude (error looks the same for both)

I hope that I gave enough information. If more is needed than let me know. I am sorry if this thread is on wrong forum.

Regards,
Mikus Riekstins