[Wine] World of Warcraft on Linux Mint or Ubuntu, a doubt

Moklebust wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 30 01:59:03 CDT 2010

Hi everyone
I used to have Linux Mint 8 Helena and World of Warcraft patch 3.2.x, like less than a year ago
I play on private servers (just because there's no way of payment for blizzard servers from Peru), and i had a bad experience with wine 1.0 (or 1.1.33, i can't remember - the thing is that wine 1.2 wasn't released)
My FPS were like 19-20 when in windows it goes at 60-65, in Dalaran or Northrend went down to 10-8, whic made me go back to windows

I have a question before trying Linux and Wine Again (with the latest wine version)

I'm Interested in Linux Mint, and i'm planing to start when LM 10 "Julia" releases on november
My Video card is ATI Radeon 4200 HD 700mb
and the server where i play is at patch 3.3.5 and will be for a long time
So, my question is
Now, with a newer Wine version (which rates as platinum patch 3.3.5) and a new Linux Mint distribution (Based on Maverick Veerkat)
will my World of Warcraft game, run better than what i told you?, at least a lot more FPS while doing some PVP?
Thanks a lot for your answers and my apologies for my bad english