[Wine] Re: Garena

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 2 08:48:44 CDT 2010

H0lyGanGs7eR wrote:
> It's really hard to find how to do it in this manual. Please tell me only what to whrite in console ( possible with GUI too ), it's the last thing i need to do, to play my favourite game. Garena works perfect with wine 1.3.1, i need only the acceptex patch to join games! Help please!

There is no GUI way to build Wine from source, which is what you have to do if you're going to patch it.

Once you have all of Wine's dependencies installed, cd to the source directory and run these commands:

Code:
patch -p1 < foo.patch
./configure
make
sudo make intall

Substitute the actual name of the patch file for "foo.patch." "Make install" is optional; Wine can be run from the build directory.

Note that this is an unsupported patch that may not apply cleanly to current Wine and if it doesn't work or causes problems with other apps in Wine, you're on your own.