[Wine] Re: can't install microsoft office 2007

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 3 13:40:47 CDT 2010

danielsender wrote:

> That's exactly what I did, I removed .wine completely and ran setup.exe as I wrote before. I know nothing about wine so I was wondering if the log that I posted gives you a clue of what's happening. Thanks,

You mentioned you could install this in Ubuntu 9.04. There were some changes in 10.04 pertaining to the executable bit that have caused lots of problems for Ubuntu users. That may be the "unexpected error" that's  terminating the installer. Search the Ubuntu forum for how to work around it.

The log you posted is not helpful; Office's error handler is intercepting the output. Disable dw20.exe in winecfg and run the installer again.

The other thing is: what edition of Office is this (Pro, Standard, etc.), and what language? In the past there have been bugs that affected only certain versions of the Office installer.