[Wine] Re: can't install microsoft office 2007

danielsender wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 3 21:18:40 CDT 2010

After following your directions on disabling dw20.exe when I attempt to install I get a log line that says:

wine: cannot fine L"D:\\Office.en-us\\DW20.exe"

and also get a different window saying:

"Setup did not complete successfully, We are sorry for the inconvenience"

I think that the executable bit issue is a one that prevents running the executable which is not my problem, it always runs with "wine setup.exe".
The version is Office_Professional_Plus_2007.

When I said wine1.2 was based on the line written on the synaptic manager, but when I typed "wine --version" then I read 1.1.42.

I'm about to throw the towel...

Cheers,

Daniel