[Wine] Re: Marking .exe on cd-rom installation as executable

Grglbrgl wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 5 14:32:55 CDT 2010

This happened when I tried to use the install- which I found out was spelled with a capital W.

Code:
kade at kade-desktop:~$ wine Welcome.exe
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/kade', starting in the Windows directory.
Error - could not run C:\windows\Studio\Setup.exe. Installation error.

I've put Welcome.exe in desktop, and allowed it to be executed and installed, when I try and run it by typing wine in terminal then dragging and dropping it from drag and drop and then pressing enter. Then this happens:

Code:
kade at kade-desktop:~$ wine '/home/kade/Desktop/Welcome.exe'
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/kade', starting in the Windows directory.
wine: cannot find '/home/kade/Desktop/Welcome.exe'

However, whenever I click on it in desktop, my mouse loads for a while, ending with no response.