[Wine] Re: Trouble with libgsm on Mac OS X 10.6.2

rwoodsmall wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 6 13:34:39 CDT 2010

James McKenzie wrote:
> doh123 wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure LD_LIBRARY_PATH actually does anything on OSX...
> >
> > there are a lot of related things you can do though... just look at 'man dyld'
> >
> Doh123:
> Yes it does.  Look it up for FreeBSD.

James:

No it doesn't.  Like doh123 said run 'man dyld.'  Mac OS X/Darwin uses it's own C library and kernel, with bits of Free/Net/OpenBSD mixed in.  But more importantly to this discussion, it uses its own dynamic linker - dyld.  LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't do anything on OS X.  Saying it does doesn't make it so.  The equivalent environment vars are DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH.  Again, a quick look at the dyld man page would have told you that.

Grow a clue and stop giving advice until you do.  It's getting old.