[Wine] Trouble with libgsm on Mac OS X 10.6.2

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 6 20:51:12 CDT 2010

James McKenzie wrote:
> rwoodsmall wrote:
>> James McKenzie wrote:

>>> Doh123:
>>> Yes it does.  Look it up for FreeBSD.
>>>

>> James:
>>
>> No it doesn't.  Like doh123 said run 'man dyld.'  Mac OS X/Darwin
>> uses it's own C library and kernel, with bits of Free/Net/OpenBSD
>> mixed in.  But more importantly to this discussion, it uses its own
>> dynamic linker - dyld.  LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't do anything on OS X.
>> Saying it does doesn't make it so.  The equivalent environment vars
>> are DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH.  Again, a quick
>> look at the dyld man page would have told you that.
>>
>> Grow a clue and stop giving advice until you do.  It's getting old.
>>
> I'm pulling this from another source.  Thank you for the correction.
> I'll give the source a pointer in the right direction.  I guess I'm
> mixing Solaris/RedHat and Macs again...(Apples and whatever.)
>
> Interestingly enough, LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems to work on my Mac.  I'll
> fix that though.

Now, here is something completely different:

Build Wine using scripts to build dependencies and place them in
$BUILDDIRECTORY/usr/bin...lib....etc...so on and so forth.

Run any of the tests (riched20, gdi32, etc.) WITHOUT setting the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but setting the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:

and I get the following:

err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin
L"gdi32.dll":
dlopen(/Users/jamesmckenzie/darwine/wineEnv/src/wine-1.3.2.1/dlls/gdi32/gdi32.dll.so,
258): Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
  Referenced from:
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/V
err:module:import_dll Loading library gdi32.dll (which is needed by
L"H:\\darwine\\wineEnv\\src\\wine-1.3.2.1\\dlls\\gdi32\\tests\\gdi32_test.exe")
failed (error c000007a).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
L"H:\\darwine\\wineEnv\\src\\wine-1.3.2.1\\dlls\\gdi32\\tests\\gdi32_test.exe"
failed, status c0000135

repeated for pages and pages.

Run the tests BUT use LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

All is well, no errors except test errors.

Interesting, eh?

This is why I made the statement earlier about using LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I
know that I'm not the only one to suffer with this.  Any idea why this
does not work?

If necessary, we can move this to the development mailing list and away
from here.

I agree, this SHOULD WORK with the DYLD and not the LD given what I read
from the man page(s).

James McKenzie