[Wine] Re: hhc.exe compiles .chm files, but does not index properly

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 7 07:19:22 CDT 2010

samdafi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've spent a while reading about configuring WINE for use with hhc.exe to create .chm files. These instructions almost work:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/htmlhelp/wiki/HHW4Wine

That howto states clearly that it was written for Wine 0.9.47.

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-05f345e881bfc31ae77e902bd577dccba0ba4112

> I've been spending some time just randomly overriding other dlls to no avail.

Don't do that. Retest in a clean wineprefix.

There are a number of bugs already filed for problems with .chm files. Search bugzilla, and if none of them match your problem, file one.