[Wine] Re: Need help with Wine and Forex MT4??

forextrading1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 8 00:32:55 CDT 2010

There is a lot of interest out there in running Metatrader 4 on the Linux platform, however until Metaquotes does a native Linux version, the only option if you want to do it is to run it under WINE emulation.

What follows is a step by step guide to installing MT4 in Linux. I have used the excellent Ubuntu distribution for this task.

1) Install WINE if it's not already installed. I used version 0.9.33. Please refer to The Ubuntu Wiki for advanced WINE setup instructions.

2) From a valid windows installation, copy over all the fonts into your wine installation. It assumes you told Ubuntu to mount