[Wine] edit in external image editor

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Sep 8 04:55:26 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 19:42 -0500, Aerilius wrote:

> But SketchUp says "image editor could not be launched". Is there a
> mistake in the script (my first shell script), or is it not possible
> that way? Have there already been similar situations with other
> programs?

Did you make the script executable? "chmod uga+x myscript"

Is the script in a directory thats listed in the search path $PATH ?
If not, the following makes a conventional place to keep your scripts
and adds it to $PATH

<code>
cd ~
mkdir bin
mv myscript ~/bin
</code>

and add the line "export PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" to the end of the
~/.bash_profile. Then logout and login.

You should now see /home/myuser/bin as the first entry in $PATH. Use
'echo $PATH' to check and should be able to run the script. Try 'which
myscript' to check that its now executable and in the path.

Martin