[Wine] Use registry data previously used on a true Windows PC ?

Markorki wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 8 05:39:47 CDT 2010

hello, I'm new here

I 've long used (and still use on a soon migrating PC) Windows 98SE on my "main" desktop computer.

I use(d) Applications such as XnView and exifer, to manage and process digital pictures, and used them a very long time. I shfted to Linux (ubuntu lucid LTS) and would like to use these applications without losing my profiles: renaming patterns, window layout, values used in many list-boxes, etc...
XnView can be configured to use an .ini file rather than the registry, and I use it this way, so I can move my profile(s) from a computer to an other with no risk.

Exifer does not use en .ini file, and stores all its context un registry. Too bad !;-(( but **excellent** application.
May I reuse a profile just by openeing a .reg file with wine, or will it destroy/corrupt my installed Wine, used for 3 applications ?
Is there a recommanded way of proceeding ?