[Wine] Re: philips streamium wac7000 through wine

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 8 13:05:21 CDT 2010

Please don't bump like that; users on the mailing list will be confused what's going on.

n2media wrote:
> im running ubuntu 10.04 on my dell latitude d520 and trying to connect my streamium wac7000 wireless hifi using wine.
> ive tried the original philips software and wachandler and still cant connect.
> now the wachandler workks using wine according the the wachandler website but all i get is an error soon as i open wachandler.
>
> the philips software tells me no ethernet available but i know its ok

Just looked up on what WAChandler is - question! Do you need any special drivers to get this to work? Or should it just work wirelessly? Because if you need to install drivers, Windows drivers won't work on Wine - you'd be reliant on if Linux itself supports your hardware (if you're using Linux).

If you don't actually need a driver and it's a plain old wireless network connection (or Bluetooth, which I'm not sure is supported in Wine), try running the software in a terminal and posting the output here.