[Wine] Sound problems in Steam games

PythonEater wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 9 18:33:34 CDT 2010

This topic seems to pop up every now and then, and I think I've tried all the solutions that have been given for it. I'm running Linux Mint 9 (64 bit) with Wine 1.1.42. The problem is that when I start a Steam game, I either get no sound, or I have sound for a few minutes, then it cuts out. The problem happened to me under both Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) and Linux Mint 9 (64 bit). I have tried disabling Pulse Audio, and a few other "fixes" that i found, but nothing seems to have worked :(  . This is a clean Wine install, and I haven't ran any winetricks. Any suggestions?