[Wine] 32 Bit Libraries with 64 Drivers

halymaly wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 11 14:56:02 CDT 2010

I am getting this error when trying to run DDO:

Code:
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  137 (GLX)

  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  634

*** Finished ***

After some searching I think that is because I am missing the 32 bit libraries. I am using a radeon HD 4870. I get the drivers here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/linux/Pages/radeon_linux.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.42&lang=English At the bottom of the page it says "32-Bit packages must be installed for 64-Bit Linux drivers to install or work." But I don't know where to get those. The download link for the 32 bit and 64 bit are the same.

I have installed the 64 bit drivers and most of my system works perfectly fine, however in wine I am getting the above errors. Does anyone know where I can the needed libraries? And how to install them?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers three times now and the entire OS twice. It's Ubuntu 10.04.

Thanks for the help.