[Wine] Help With WINE & Folding at Home...

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 01:32:48 CDT 2010

Hi Santefe,

> Oh well, thanks anyway, don't know why I even got bothered about them anyway, I hardly ever open the command window that often anyway.  8)

I don't usually use the command line to start my apps either. I change
the properties of the menu item to execute
my wine applications with the debugging off. This way it is "one
click" to execute whatever commands i like, on startup, in conjunction
with a application.

For example, i have "one click" CPU fan control. I have
green/yellow/orange buttons on my desktop that
each can affect how cool my cpu will run.  I also can execute apps
with things like "schedtools" to shange scheduling policy/and priority
or i can change "nice" values. But the list goes on, it applies to
anything.
I think any desktop(gnome/kde/xfce/etc) can do this. But i use gnome.

and i do find it quite handy for wine applications, as different apps
may require different
settings to work the best. just some food for thought.

jordan