[Wine] Re: Problem installing from source, 1.3.2 "..prelink not f

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 14 09:16:04 CDT 2010

RaistlinM531 wrote:
> So how do I run it from the build directory then?

To run an app using an uninstalled version of Wine either cd to the build directory and use the command ./wine, or use the full path to the Wine you want to use in the command line. You'll have to do the latter if the app you want to run is fussy about where it's started from.

>  I would just like to know how far in the build process I can go   before my currently stable version goes to toast.

"Make" alone won't do anything to your installed version; it's "make install" that would overwrite it.