[Wine] No sound, no information why, where to start?

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 00:28:40 CDT 2010

Hey again,

> I've been thinking the same thing.
>
> I have a wireless router at home. Win XP and Linux connects fine, but no Vista computer has ever been able to connect.

That's because Vista is the worst.  I don't run any version of
Windows, except winXP in vmware on my Mac. and i only do that, so that
i can install the odd application that Wine won't install, and then i
migrate the relevant registry keys, and files into wine. This has
worked for me a few times now!  That's my only use for Windows. lol.

I much prefer using Linux. Which has worked out nicely, as most of the
commercial (windows) software i have purchased over the years - runs
under wine, pretty much perfect. and the one's that don't, i wouldn't
be really using that much anyway.... So for me, it is redundant to
bother with Windows.

I even prefer Linux to Mac.

jordan